New Graduate Student To-Do List
Make sure you complete this New Graduate Student To-Do List to prepare for your Graduate School experience.
- Accept your admission offer simply by registering for classes.
- Activate you emich email and my.emich account using the NetID and EMU Identification Number (EID) provided by Admissions.
- Memorize your EID.
- Request your EagleOne Card (Student Identification Card) from Student Business Services.
- Complete additional International Student Requirements if applicable.
- Accept your Financial Aid packet through your my.emich account.
Before Classes Start
- Get familiar with my.emich: learn how to access important information regarding registration status, classes, grades and financial aid.
- Meet with your advisor to develop your program of study.
- Register for graduate courses.
- Get familiar with Campus Maps and The Greater Ypsilanti Community: learn how to get around, important office locations, and where to get books, supplies and food.
- Pay your bill (accessible through my.emich; for questions call Student Business Services at 734.487.3335)
- Attend the New Graduate Student Orientation.
- Obtain a Parking Pass from the Parking Department.
By the End of First Semester
- If conditionally admitted, meet all conditions required.
- Check the Records and Registration website to see the registration schedule
- Review your program of study (preferably with your advisor) before registering for classes.
- Attend the Graduate Research Conference (GRC).
- Meet all financial obligations to enroll in the next semester.